People Profiles

People Profiles

Kevin
CapCourier's Member
Kevin
CapCourier's Member

21 Sep 2009, 06:39 #1

Know anyone spectacular? Your coach, hero, mentor or even teacher are all sources of inspiring stories. It could even be your mom. Write us a character sketch and give us the world through their eyes. Tell us how they have changed the world, even if it is just your world. Are they evil? Even better! Evil characters are very interesting. Tell us how they are dastardly and demonic. This style of story makes interesting the seemingly mundane - and it's easier than you think. Creative writers are best for this style of journalism.

email: capcourier@gmail.com

aliabassi1
Courier's Newbie
aliabassi1
Courier's Newbie

25 Sep 2009, 00:41 #2

Hey I got someone rare and interesting

I would love to write a people profile on him but I am packed this week with hw and stuff

Name: Norman Borlaug

Who is he:

He is the not so famous, super humble scientist who died at the age of 95 this month (Sept 12, 2009) - his discoveries have saved more poor people than World Vision - it is estimated that he saved over 1 BILLION PEOPLE from starvation! He is the greatest hero of our time.

What he did:

Won a Nobel Prize and ALOT MORE fancy awards

Has several discoveries in genetically modified foods. He trained farmers in Mexico, India and Pakistan on improving crop yields so they can feed their countries.

"Borlaug led the introduction of these high-yielding varieties combined with modern agricultural production techniques to Mexico, Pakistan, and India. As a result, Mexico became a net exporter of wheat by 1963. Between 1965 and 1970, wheat yields nearly doubled in Pakistan and India, greatly improving the food security in those nations"

You can read more about him on the Wiki Profile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Borlaug

One of his pet peeves were activist against genetically modified foods. He is a super smart, wise old guy and more people should know about him.

I really hope somebody picks this story up